Crimson lips, sexy, tousled hair and smouldering eyes are silver bullets in the art of seduction. As with all things, though, attention to detail is the clincher.
Get his attention with sly, smouldering gaze, (Remember, a smokey eye’s success is down to proper blending – no harsh lines.)
– Apply a neutral or bone-coloured shadow all over your lids to diminish any redness and give your eye shadow a good base.
– Using your darkest shadow, apply it from the base of your outer lashes to just below the eye socket crease. Using a small, flat eye shadow brush, apply a little more product as close to the lower lash line as you can manage.
– Blend your second-darkest shadow into the eye socket crease, ensuring you blend it well with the darker shadow.
– Add a little pearlescent shadow directly under the arches of your brows, blending well, and dab a little on the interior corner of your eyes to make them pop.
– Using a soft eye pencil, carefully draw a line along the top and bottom lashes and apply two coats of black mascara.
Who could forget Uma Thurman’s look in Pulp Fiction, or Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman? Both had bold, make-no-apologies scarlet lips. A study at the University of Rochester in New York found that men find women sexier if they are wearing a crimson hue rather than any other colour. Another study from Manchester University involved tracking the eye movements of 50 men as they were shown images of women wearing various shades of lipstick: pink lips held the men’s gaze for an average of 6,7 seconds; red lips kept them fixated for 7,3 seconds. Ooh-la-la. Create perfect red lips by lining them with pencil liner in the same shade as your lipstick, (or slightly lighter if you don’t want a hard line) to ensure your lipstick doesn’t bleed. Next, apply lipstick using a lip brush (essential when wearing a bold colour, as any ‘colouring outside the lines’ is immediately obvious).
Source: Fairlady, February 2013